How to hire
The Keilor Park Athletics Track is available for hire by submitting an online booking application with the Brimbank City Council (BCC)
Booking application entered online via the links below, or by phoning: 03 9249 4991, or emailing: email@example.com.
What does track hire include?
Track hire typically includes:
- Access to the track, toilets, first aid room (but please bring your own supplies) and committee room
Access to equipment is only via Equipment Hire, see the details below.
Track hire does not include access to the canteen, or the main room inside the clubrooms
Role of Keilor Little Athletics (KLAC)
All school bookings are through the council, but Keilor Little Athletics assists the council with these bookings, and also offers equipment hire and can run timing gates for schools (see details below).
The Schools Manager for KLAC is Scott Sidley - 0435 269 174.
Scott liaises with the schools after bookings are made, and can answer any general queries you have.
The following calendar lists the “confirmed bookings” as advised to our club, Keilor Little Athletics Centre Inc. by the Council. In most instances the track is hired in conjunction with the provision of standard or specialised equipment options (see equipment hire options below). Electronic timing equipment and canteen services may also be booked (*conditions apply). Check out further details of the track facilities HERE.
- Standard Equipment Hire ($230) includes:- PA system (including roaming microphone); throwing implements, measuring tapes and recording table & chair for discus, shotput & javelin; measuring tapes, brooms, rakes and recording table & chair for long jump & triple jump; and set-up & pack-up of equipment by a club representative. Additional tables for competition administration are available upon request. Hirers are welcome to bring their own portable shade but are responsible for safely securing.
- Specialised Equipment Hire ($295) includes:- Standard equipment plus hurdles and /or high jump facilities.
- Electronic Timing ($75/hour): Electronic timing gates and equipment can be hired subject to availability of club operators. Typically this option is only available during the track & field season (mid-September to March) and for competitions at district, division, region or higher levels. If this option is preferred, please specify on the booking application and a club contact will confirm availability of the service once the application is received.
- Canteen Services: Typically this option is only available during the track & field season (mid-September to March) and for competitions at district, region or higher levels. If this option is preferred, please specify on the booking application and a club contact will confirm availability of the service once the application is received.
- Limitations on weights and heights of hired equipment. Because KLAC is focused on 5 to 15 year old athletes, we only own equipment suitable for these ages. This means that discus weights that range from 350g up to 1kg, shot put from 1kg to 4kg, javelin weights from 400gm to 700 gm, and hurdle heights from 45cm to 76cm. If you wish to use equipment outside these ranges, you will need to bring it yourself, sorry.
Note: There is no charge for the canteen service but as the club supplies and sells the food/drink, it retains the money from its sales.
There are also cross-country routes based from the track, with distances of 500m, 800m, 1500m, and 2000m. These can be found via the link below.