A message from our Relay Coordinator - Angela Dickins
It’s time again folks – time to start thinking of the athletics season and getting our relay season organised. After such a successful season last year, it’s time to start thinking relays.
We are looking for relay coaches to coach our teams. We will have coaching vacancies for the following ages;
- Under 9 Boys
- Under 11 Girls
- Under 12 Girls
- Under 12 Boys
- Under 13 Girls
- Under 14 Boys
- Under 14 Girls
- Under 16’s
Important dates for the relay calendar for this season
- Keilor relay day – Sunday 28th October
- Box Hill Relay Day – tbc
- Mentone Relay Day – Sunday 11th November
- Keilor relay challenge – Saturday 10th November
- NMR Relay Championships – Saturday November 17th
- Keilor Relay Challenge – Saturday 8th December (State relay qualifiers)
- LAVIC State Relay Championships – Saturday 15th December
THIS INVITATION IS OPEN TO ALL FAMILIES
We are looking for motivated coaches to coach our 2018 relay teams. I would prefer our volunteers have links to the club (like parents, older siblings, family members etc). This is a great opportunity for those that wish to be a part of things. In such an individual sport, relays is such an exciting and fun 'Team' event for the kids - we want as many as possible to be involved.
So come of folks - let’s all get involved!
Brief description of the role;
- attend and run weekly coaching sessions
- liaise with parents (I am also here to help if you need assistance in this matter)
- attend information sessions that will be held for our relay coaches
- liaise with the relay co-ordinator
- team selection
If you aren’t sure that you have what it takes, there are a number of us available to provide assistance. Please contact me if you are unsure and you have any questions - you won’t be left on your own.
Please phone me on 0412 902 423 or email me firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in volunteering as a coach. Please advise me if there is a particular age group that you wish to coach.
Looking forward to hearing from you – I want to be FLOODED with volunteers.